Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Back and better than ever!

First of all, please let me apologize for my absence. I've had alot going on! First off, I'M ENGAGED to the man of my dreams. Durran and I are so excited for our wedding which will take place this fall. The weekend following our engagement I invited Durran into the world of pageantry for the second time. (The first was when he served on the mock interview panel to help prepare Miss Memphis Outstanding Teen and Teen Princess). He's better at this than I thought.... I'm surely marrying the right man. I am very proud of my client Alexandria Bingham for transformation on the "big stage" and I look forward to what the future holds for her. It was such a pleasure to see my "Miss Tennessee family" on one of the happiest weekends of my life. It was also a great chance to separate the "real" from the "fake". As we know the world of pageantry consists of many fake things: hair, teeth, abs, attitudes...the list goes on and on. What bothers me is that sometimes the flakiness is so blatant that you can look someone who comments on your facebook stats and pics, writes"love u!" on your wall and various other things dead in the eyes with a smile and begin to say "hello" and they act as though they have no clue you exist. I'm not talking just pageant followers and fans of the system, I'm talking local TITLEHOLDERS headed to Miss Tennessee with the opportunity to represent our great state at the Miss America pageant. Seriously? Let's get a bit real here girls. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Walk worthy of the crown. ask yourself, who is Miss Tennessee? Is she some fake facebook girl who speaks what she feels out of anger on a public web page yet expresses "judge pleasing answers" while onstage (aka a pageant patty)? Or is she a woman who would take the time to say "hello, nice to see you somewhere other than facebook" and shake your hand or maybe give you a hug? I guess in time we'll see.... Till next posting sending you my love and well wishes for the rest of your week.

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment